Ice cream cakes are an ideal option to finish a summer meal with friends or family or to share as an afternoon snack. In this article we are going to give you 3 recipes for sugar free ice cream cakes so that you can enjoy and take care of yourself at the same time. Are you up for making them?
Tips and advice for making ice cream cakes this summer
Make ice cream cakes in advance as they need to be properly frozen. We recommend you make them at least 1 day in advance. It’s important you cut and serve them straight away as they melt easily. That said, you can cut the servings you are going to have and store the rest of the cake in the freezer again, as they do fall apart very quickly. We also recommend you try the fillings and add more sweetener if you think it’s necessary, making sure it is the right note of sweetness for everybody in your home (especially for the coffee cake!). To remove the cakes from the mould easily, spread a fine layer of butter and place baking paper on the bottom and sides of the mould so you can get them out smoothly. Let’s get started and have some fun!
1. Peach and orange ice cream cake
Ice cream cake is a good option to finish a delicious summer meal. Make it the day before to ensure it is set and fresh.
Ingredients (serves 6-8): For the base (8 Sugar Free Digestives, 80g desiccated coconut, 100g dates). For the filling (150g raw almond nuts soaked for 8 hours, 200g peach, 125ml coconut milk, 4 tbsp agave syrup). For the topping (2 tbsp sugar free orange marmalade).
- For the base: crush the biscuits in a food processor. Blend the desiccated coconut with the dates in a food processor. Mix the biscuits with the dates and coconut and spread over the base of a round silicone mould. Leave to set in the fridge whilst preparing the filling.
- For the filling: Strain the previously soaked almonds and dry. Using a food processor blend the almonds with the diced peach, dates, coconut milk, and agave syrup. Place on top of the biscuit base and freeze for at least 8 -10 hours (ideally overnight).
- Remove the cake from the mould and cover with a fine layer of sugar free orange marmalade.
- Cut slices and serve.
2. Strawberry, banana, and peanut butter ice cream cake
This cake, made with frozen fruit, is a delicious and easy to make treat.
Ingredients (serves 6-8): For the base (8 Sugar Free Maria biscuits, 70g butter, 50g almond flour, 8 pieces of dried apricot). For the filling (4 frozen bananas, 2 tbsp agave syrup, 80g sugar free peanut butter, 15 frozen strawberries). For the topping (8 thinly sliced strawberries and 2 tbsp sugar free strawberry marmalade).
- For the base: crush the biscuits in a food processor. Add the softened butter (at room temperature), almond flour, apricots and blend to a paste.
- Spread the paste over the base of a round silicone mould. Leave in the fridge whilst preparing the filling.
- For the filling: Using a food processor blend the frozen bananas with the agave syrup, peanut butter, and frozen strawberries into a creamy paste. Place on top of the base and freeze for at least 24 hours (so it sets nicely).
- Finally, remove from the mould, decorate with strawberry slices, and a little strawberry marmalade on top, and serve.
3. Coffee and mascarpone ice cream cake
This cake is just perfect for those who love coffee. Try out this irresistible recipe to impress your coffee-loving guests.
Ingredients (serves 6-8): For the base (8 Sugar Free Shortbread biscuits, 4 dates, 100g blended oat flakes, 1 tbsp cocoa powder). For the base (150g walnuts, 80ml coffee (caffeinated or decaffeinated), 200g mascarpone, 6-8 tbsp agave syrup). For the topping (1 dstspn ground coffee (caffeinated or decaffeinated), 1 dstspn cocoa powder).
- For the base: crush the biscuits in a food processor. Add the dates, oat flakes, cocoa and blend to a paste.
- Spread the paste over the base of a round silicone mould. Leave to set in the fridge whilst preparing the filling.
- For the filling: Using a food processor blend the walnuts with the coffee, mascarpone, and syrup (taste to check sweetness).
- Place on top of the base and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Remove from the freezer, decorate with a little coffee and cocoa powder on top, and serve.
We really hope you enjoy these sweet ideas and try them out yourself!